Tuesday 17 April 2012

Tweecup



After a busy year as a graduate, much of it completely unrelated to art! I have decided to revisit this space and finally post a few bits of work which I had missed out on uploading during the stressful trials and tribulations of university. Its always good to have a look over where I've been and hopefully work out where I'm headed! Unfortunately it was near impossible to document my actual degree show piece. So instead I'm aiming to fill in a few gaps here and there, starting with a revisit to my second year.

When exploring the notions of 'Kitsch' and 'Twee' I created an installation with suspended items which held memories and fell into either definition. You can read about the themes and ideas behind it here





On finishing the animation, I attempted various ways of displaying it to an audience. Its repetitive nature made it difficult to watch as an ordinary animation, resulting in me eventually breaking the animation up into 4 separate parts, and back projecting them into an old wooden dolls house's windows.


This animation has an interesting similarity with a piece I created in 3rd year, which was chosen for an exhibition for 'Gatehouse Live,' more about that in my next post!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Backwaan on Twitter